Hello all,

After deliberating for many months, I decided to purchase my first mind machine, choosing the Kasina device.

I was particularly in a MindPlace machine, especially after reading the description of one of their programs:

This session was designed to gently guide you towards hypnagogia, that magical half-dream, half-awake state sought after by many explorers of deep states of consciousness.
I'm quite familiar with altered states and I'm blessed to already have had so many experiences, usually induced via meditation with a high rate of success after doing a WBTB.

My interest in buying a mind machine was to find an easier way to induce a deep state of trance for subconscious exploration.

I've tried various programs including the Alphabet one mentioned above.

I'm genuinely surprised and feeling somewhat deflated that it so far hasn't lived up to what I have read from others. I don't even know what I could be doing wrong. I have both sets of glasses and I even tried to induce a deep trance state after a WBTB, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had a similar experience but then managed to make it work for them?

I'm feeling particularly bummed out given how expensive it is. I've had substantially better results using Rosamund Pike's Lumenate app. I only looked into getting a mind machine because I found trying to hold the phone a faff and thought wearing something was a much better idea. But so far it hasn't delivered