Thread: The deepest of states

Default The deepest of states

I use my Procyon to put myself into a very very deep sleep at the end of the day. I have a very painful spinal condition and before I started using this technology I'd often lie there for hours unable to get anywhere near sleep because of the permenant pain I suffer. That and all the problems that go with disability would be added to that aswell. I'd eventually fall asleep in the early hours and have a very poor nights sleep. I started with the Proteus which I still have but don't really use. Then moved onto the Procyon a few years later until today. I love my Procyon very very much!! lol So to get to the point.... I'm more interested in the deeper, more prolonged sessions (needs to be 1hr really) I've been mainly using session 19 and 27 and a couple of others on the default sessions for the purpose of "turning my brain right down" in a controlled manner without more drugs. Before I start downloading again (I haven't done this with the procyon yet, only the Proteus) I wanted to ask if anyone might be able to recommend a set of sessions available on the forum as a suitable set for the purposes mentioned above?
    I'm looking forward to writting a few aswell now. The usb port is going to make life a whole lot easier! Anyway, I do hope someone might be able to comment on some session before I start as it would be really helpful! Cheers, Ryan...

Blog Entries

Default Re: The deepest of states

Hi Ryan. I have created a session especially for you. Check it out in the blog here. I hope you will enjoy it.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Oh cool ! Thanks Scott if I download the one session does that leave my machine with just the one session on it? I think the machine gets wiped of all but what you're downloading each time doesn't it?

Blog Entries

No, when you choose Upload Session to Procyon under the Session Tools menu in the editor, it gives you the option Append If Possible. That will add it as the next highest number in session list. It will keep everything in your machine and add a new session at the end.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-24-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Cool Before I start then, are there any other sessions on the forum you'd recommend for my particular needs? I could even need an OS update by now couldn't I? I've never actually hooked this one up to the computer since I bought it. I'm not actually sure what editing software download I need and where to find it either lol I'll go and have a look on the forum now but could anyone reading this pop a link on for me incase I dont find it please? Cor thaaaanks
    Last edited by Feebo; 12-24-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Feebo;

The editor is here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/cont...ocyon-Software
    You will need to download and install the driver first, then run the Editor installation. Once you can run the Editor, run it and select whatever COM port was created by the driver. (Menu item: Serial Communication/Set COM port)

Once you have verified that you have the editor working and it's communicating with the Procyon (green light in upper right corner of editor), try clicking "Run Segments" and see that the Procyon responds.

Then, using the Editor, upload the Session that is contained in Scott's .zip file, selecting "Append" if you want to keep the other sessions on the Procyon.
    Then connect up your music player using the audio patch cable included with the Procyon - headphone out on your music player to AUX in on the Procyon. Put the Procyon in dAS or dL2 mode and start the audio, listening on the headphones connected to the Procyon. If the new Session you loaded into the Procyon does not start, try increasing or decreasing the volume on your music player until it works.

Write back if you have any problems.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Gotcha. I'll see if I can get the audio file onto my Ipod and do it like that Cheers Andy!

Thread Information