Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine. Total Novice seeks advice

1. Default INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine. Total Novice seeks advice

Hi All,

I've recently acquired a Psych Research INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine.
    It was being sold as a 'Dream Machine' so I thought I'd chance it as it looked interesting.
    It didn't come with any manual or instructions, although I have managed to get it working (Rechargable internal battery seems dead but I found a mains adaptor to power it). It came with one pair of red LED glasses.
    Basically I've been searching the net for info on this particular machine. It sounds interesting from what I've gleaned and Iwant to explore this and perhaps eventually get a more modern machine.
    Can anyone help with information on the IQ-III? I believe its the same as the IQ-II with a tape deck added.
    I really need to know everything as I'm just kinda trying it blind at the moment.

What can/does it do?
    How does it work?
    Does anyone have access to a manual for this model?
    What music is best to go in it?
    Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    Gene

Blog Entries

Default Re: INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine. Total Novice seeks advice

Hi Atlanta,

This is not one of our machines and so we do not offer any support and do not have any information about it. In addition, since this forum owned and operated by Mindplace, it's designed just as a place for discussions about the MindPlace products and related subjects. You'll have to contact the manufacturer of your machine to get the information you seek. Sorry.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    Hi All,

It was being sold as a 'Dream Machine' so I thought I'd chance it as it looked interesting.
    It didn't come with any manual or instructions, although I have managed to get it working (Rechargable internal battery seems dead but I found a mains adaptor to power it). It came with one pair of red LED glasses.
    Basically I've been searching the net for info on this particular machine. It sounds interesting from what I've gleaned and Iwant to explore this and perhaps eventually get a more modern machine.
    Can anyone help with information on the IQ-III? I believe its the same as the IQ-II with a tape deck added.
    I really need to know everything as I'm just kinda trying it blind at the moment.

What can/does it do?
    How does it work?

Thanks for reading.
    Gene

3. Default Re: INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine. Total Novice seeks advice

With your query being this old, you'll likely never see the response, but here it is anyway. I know because I wrote the code for the entire IQ line.

Yes, the IQ-III is identical to an IQ-II with a Blaupunkt tape player added. The various buttons start/stop the programs, change volume levels, choose between white noise or tone, change the pitch if tone is selected, etc. All of the buttons serve dual functions, with the specifics dependent upon whether a program is active.

JWL

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Atlanta,
    Hi All,

What can/does it do?
    How does it work?

Thanks for reading.
    Gene

M.

Quote Originally Posted by JWL View Post
    With your query being this old, you'll likely never see the response, but here it is anyway. I know because I wrote the code for the entire IQ line.

Yes, the IQ-III is identical to an IQ-II with a Blaupunkt tape player added. The various buttons start/stop the programs, change volume levels, choose between white noise or tone, change the pitch if tone is selected, etc. All of the buttons serve dual functions, with the specifics dependent upon whether a program is active.

JWL
    I also suspect that it's unlikely that you'll see this post after so many years but figured I'd toss in the information I have since this forum link comes up high on Google searches for the InnerQuest devices.
    Here's a list of the IQ-II and IQ-III programs as described in their documentation:

Brain Wave Patterns

• Beta: (13Hz+) This is a normal and alert state.
    • Alpha (8-12Hz) This is a slower pace, when relaxed and creative.
    • Theta: (4-7Hz) This is a level just before you doze off. You receive intense learning capabilities at this level.
    • Delta: (1-3Hz) This is a deep sleep state level that seems highly effective in promoting healing.

Programs

1. 15 minute relaxation conditioning. Begins at 18Hz. and slows to 7Hz. over five minutes, maintains 5Hz. for the remaining nine minutes and returns to 18Hz. in the final minute before shutting off. Pattern 1 (all synchronous, focus mode used throughout).
    2. 20 Minute relaxation/learning. Deep relaxation to 5Hz. Incorporates both left/right and front/back modes through the relaxation phase, then focus mode for the learning phase. Range: 25 to 5Hz.
    3. 30 minute deep relaxation. Begins at 18Hz., decreases to 5Hz. through a progression of modes, maintains 5Hz. for 18 minutes of deep relaxation conditioning then back to 20Hz. over a two minute period.
    4. 24 minute "Beta Wave" high energy program for motivation, physical activity, mental exercise. All modes used in a repeating wave from 30Hz. to 12Hz.
    5. 24 minute "Beta-Alpha Wave" alternating from 10Hz. to 18Hz. Use for relaxation and energizing. Also great for music enjoyment.
    6. 30 minute "Deep Alpha-Theta Wave". A repeating wave of changing modes from 5Hz. to 12Hz. Especially good for meditation and personal programming.
    7. 30 minute "Theta-Delta Wave" 1.0 Hz. to 5Hz. for deep Delta relaxation ending in sleep.
    8. 36 minute "Earth Harmony" program. 10 minutes of induction/relaxation and 25 minutes at the Schumann resonance frequency of 7.83Hz. using both focus and expansion modes and returning to high alpha over two minutes.
    9. 36 minute deep relaxation and Theta learning. Relaxing in multi-modal phase followed by 25 minutes in 4 to 7Hz. for retention of programming and mental imagery.
    10. 36 minute "High Creativity" program. All left/right expansive mode for greater hemispheric "crosstalk". Good for problem solving and creative thinking. Range: 25Hz. to 5Hz.
    11. 36 minute "Memory/Recall" program for enhancing recall and regression. 10 minutes of induction/relaxation followed by all front/back mode in 5Hz. to 8Hz. range.
    12. 40 minute General Use "Tune-up" and music enjoyment program. Ranges from 30Hz. to 7Hz. through all modes.
    13. 40 minute General Use "Tune-Up" utilizing all modes at lower ranges than No. 12.
    14. 40 minute "Left/Right Balancing" program. All left/right mods through a range of 25Hz. to 5Hz.
    15. 40 minutes of "high Energy" for general use. Multi-modal stimulation from 9Hz. to 30Hz. Great mental exercise and relaxation/music enjoyment.
    16. 60 minute "Ultra-Deep Relaxation". 10 minutes of inductive relaxation followed by 40 minutes in a delta wave phase and a 10 minute return to end at 10Hz.

Blog Entries

I love that this thread gets a new post just once or twice a decade...
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine. Total Novice seeks advice

Wow, thank you to all who have answered the thread.
    I subscribed and actually noticed the notification in my inbox.
    More shockingly, I managed to figure out the password!

I do still have the machine although it's packed away at the moment.
    Thank you for the info everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I love that this thread gets a new post just once or twice a decade...
    I've been using my old IQ-II pretty regularly since 1988 - it still runs. After the FDA went and pounded Psych-Research out of existence in '93 I pretty much assumed this tech had all but disappeared. Was only as a result of some curiosity-searching that I discovered that there are companies making mind machines again in the present. Happy to see this. It's a good technology and I hated to think it was being lost.

Fascinating, JWL! I used to have lunch with IQ founder Rob Robinson when we were both at the Consumer Electronics Show, always enjoyed his affable enthusiasm. He sure had a run of bad luck at the end, with the FDA and then some prison time for securities fraud, which he shouldn't have been accused of. The Innerquest line was always interesting, and including the tape recorder in the IQ made perfect sense, given that Rob was a hypnotherapist and developed a line of hypnosis tapes. He got into trouble with the FDA due to Sharper Image text indicating AVS could be used for the relief of pain, and we got into trouble with them the following year because the "Revitalyzer" tape from Dr. Tom Budzynski that we included had the word "heal" on it. Back then, the FDA was raiding health food stores that sold both herbs and books telling how to use them medicinally, and were attempting to regulate vitamin supplements and cigarettes. Interesting times...

9. Default Re: INNERQUEST IQ-III L&S Machine. Total Novice seeks advice

Good evening, time has passed but just recently I read this thread and I have the whole manual in Spanish of the Innerquest IQ-II to send to whoever needs it.
    I am also using it with the TENcolors Light Frames lenses that are no longer manufactured -they were expensive- and that with simple switches you can generate 11 pure colors.
    It was sold by Tools for Wellness.

Hi Everyone, so I bought an Innerquest JR IQ from EBay recently and it didn't come with a list of its 14 programs - does anyone have this they can share? The other one posted are more than 14 (16 above for IQ II-III), so I don't think they translate. Thanks!

Ken

Thread Information