Thread: HemiSync

1. Default HemiSync

Does anyone here have any experience with HemiSync? I've tried listening to a bit of it, but it sure doesn't seem to do anything to my head.

Blog Entries

Default Re: HemiSync

Quote Originally Posted by hseaver View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience with HemiSync? I've tried listening to a bit of it, but it sure doesn't seem to do anything to my head.
    HemiSync isn't one of our products and you may find better answers on the Monroe Institute site where they make and support their products. http://www.monroeinstitute.com/conte...?content_id=69

M.

Default Re: HemiSync

I've had some experience with HemiSync before, but they have many types of products.

The Human Plus series was more like hypnosis, with some generic relaxation script followed by the binaural beats and affirmations. I stopped using those tracks before appreciating any effect (other than they made me fall asleep rather fast because they were so boring - so they're great if you have sleep problems ) Interestingly, there were a few days straight after use that I had brief lucid dreams (unfortunately only brief enough to realize I was dreaming).

I only have experience with the Sound Sleeper CD from the Mind Food Series. Again, sleep was better, but I personally prefer the Delta Sleep System.

Now, the Metamusic series is promising. Lots of instrumental pieces to appeal to a whole variety of musical tastes. Supposedly encoded for specific tasks. Currently have Indigo and just purchased Illumination and Breakthrough for concentration. Lots of reviewers swear by them. Jury is still out for me on whether there is more than a placebo effect that listening to music generally gives. Have yet to put them to the ultimate test while reading medical textbooks (but have yet to find a program that increases my motivation to read them ). At the very least, they're nice for listening.

Also nice is that you can make them portable. I converted my CDs for the iPod, but I could still make out the binaural beats easily. iTunes Plus now sells a lot of the titles for download at a better compression rate. You can burn them to a CD and convert to MP3 if you have other players.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information