Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NLP

Blog Entries

Default Re: NLP

Hi Richard,

First off, it looks like I need to eat my words ref not buying any Bandler books. Got the 'Trance-formations' out of library and have to say it is a remarkable and very valuable book. An absolute gold-mine of useful information and it will be difficult not to buy. 'Frogs into Princes' on shelf waiting to be read as soon as T-f done.
    I really enjoyed Transformations. It's a difficult book to find and buy as it's out of print. Some people want a lot of money for used copies. The thing I liked about Bandler's books (other than Magic 1 and 2) is that he's a very entertaining writer as well as informative.

Made a hasty comment on the 'Neuro-linguistic Programming for Dummies' book. There ARE the usual pictures in there, just not so many with one per section rather than one per chapter like in early days. I guess Rich Tennant the artist has too many Dummies books to create pics for. The Dummies book is actually a very good read, and despite several comments on Amazon saying it tells little, I have found it to cover most topics (at intro+ level) that you would need. Some areas rather esoteric, but have learnt that is the territory we are in.
    Thanks for your update on that book. Sometimes the on-line reviews can be helpful and sometimes not so much. I really like Michael Hall and Bodenhamer's books.

Derren Brown? Well, his book looks great but will not read until after Frogs, but have watched his series 2 DVD several times already. Found that the more I watch, and the more NLP/hypnosis study I have done, the more I can tune into what Derren is doing with his suggestion/etc. A great resource and only 5 pounds on Amazon.co.uk so have ordered his remaining two DVDs in time for Christmas (I hope).
    Excellent! I hope Santa brings them to you in time.

Lots more reading under way and finding my old interest in hypnosis well and truly fired up.
    I look forward to reading more about your thoughts on what you are learning.

M.

Hi folks, Richard glad you liked Trance-formations i get more out of it every time i read it.Ive just reread The lucid dreamer its a gem .
    On the subject of lucid dreaming ive found by setting my alarm clock 1 1/2 hours before i usually wake then have 15 mins with session 41 i can drop fairly easily into a lucid dream, sustaining it is a different matter!!!
    For my xmass reading ime going to re read Patterns 1&2, and Structure of magic 1&2.Ive tried to keep away from amazon as the last time i visited there
    was a strong smell of burning from my debit card!!
    Happy xmass Coypu..

Blog Entries

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by coypu View Post
    For my xmass reading ime going to re read Patterns 1&2, and Structure of magic 1&2.Ive tried to keep away from amazon as the last time i visited there
    was a strong smell of burning from my debit card!!
    Happy xmass Coypu..
    You'll need your Proteus or Procyon to keep you awake during those books. They are very tough (dry) read.

My Christmas reading consists of: The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins, God, the Devil and Darwin by Niall Shanks, Solomon's Buliders by Chris Hodapp and Your Brain is Almost Perfect by Read Montague and a book about the 9/11 conspiracy.

These are all controversial subjects and I figured I would read up a bit on them so that I can at least have an intelligent conversation regarding them. Except for the brain book - that's just plain ol interesting.

Oh, speaking of brain books - a really good read is "The Brain that Changes Itself" by Norman Doidge, M.D.

Happy Holidays!

M.

4. Default Re: NLP

As to your negative statements; "I can't do this..." etc.

Consider that before you made the statement you likely had a picture of failure with attendant dismal feelings. The statment was a reinforcement that created more negative pictures and feelings and you likely went on to physically show yourself that you really couldn't do it.

5. Default Re: NLP

Hello every one glad that I am not alone now, I also got NLP Prac 2004, I also Historical user of mind machine since 1993 from mind lab , I got from UK at that time it was new aged stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simon67373000 View Post
    Hello every one glad that I am not alone now, I also got NLP Prac 2004, I also Historical user of mind machine since 1993 from mind lab , I got from UK at that time it was new aged stuff
    Welcome to the forum! I look forward to reading your posts. I hope you have a newer machine than the 1993 model?

M.

7. Default Re: NLP

Which would be a more beneficial beginning, learning NLP first or hypnosis? I hear they go hand in hand together... And it would be best to learn both. But from a beginners point, which would be the better option to begin with? The aim for me, is to be able to control my state of mind to focus and absorb information with ease and also to eliminate bad habits and distractions. I am in an exam year, so basically all I need at the moment is this. Other advantages with NLP/hypnosis do appeal to me but are not required at the moment. What could anyone recommend?

Thanks,
    Graham.
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    Which would be a more beneficial beginning, learning NLP first or hypnosis? I hear they go hand in hand together... And it would be best to learn both. But from a beginners point, which would be the better option to begin with? The aim for me, is to be able to control my state of mind to focus and absorb information with ease and also to eliminate bad habits and distractions. I am in an exam year, so basically all I need at the moment is this. Other advantages with NLP/hypnosis do appeal to me but are not required at the moment. What could anyone recommend?

Thanks,
    Graham.
    It would be far more advantageous to learn NLP first. NLP teaches you how to do all of the things you mention above. With NLP training, you also do learn a lot about hypnosis. You also will learn about hypnotic language, which not all hypnosis courses teach. I don't know why they don't teach it because it's so important. After taking the NLP training, you may not need to take a hypnosis course - at that point you will be skilled and knowledgeable enough to probably get the rest of what you need to know about hypnosis from books.

M.

9. Default Re: NLP

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    It would be far more advantageous to learn NLP first. NLP teaches you how to do all of the things you mention above. With NLP training, you also do learn a lot about hypnosis. You also will learn about hypnotic language, which not all hypnosis courses teach. I don't know why they don't teach it because it's so important. After taking the NLP training, you may not need to take a hypnosis course - at that point you will be skilled and knowledgeable enough to probably get the rest of what you need to know about hypnosis from books.

M.
    I really believe NLP will really benefit me. I'm still researching trainers but I hope to take the course in the next few weeks. Is it generally just the one course or are there different topics divided into different courses?
    Is ?ireannaigh m?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G-ice View Post
    I really believe NLP will really benefit me. I'm still researching trainers but I hope to take the course in the next few weeks. Is it generally just the one course or are there different topics divided into different courses?

Did you get hold of Andrew Austin? If so, was he able to provide you with a list of potential trainers?

M.

Thread Information