Thread: Light frame varieties

Default Light frame varieties

I just started using my new Proteus this week, which came with the standard red/green light frames. Now I'm curious about the other light frames available out there.

Does anybody have any experience with the other colors of light frames? Care to share your thoughts or preferences?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Light frame varieties

I've tried all of the varieties of light frames that we have available (Ruby Sapphire, White, Amber & Ruby Emerald) and my favorites are still the Ruby Emerald (Red Green).

The Ruby Sapphire (Red Blue) are best for relaxation & meditation. The Ruby Emerald gives the best visual effects. The white, well I found them boring and the amber - the same.

That's just my opinion.

M.

I ordered the ten color light frames from elixa.com for $79.95, but was very unimpressed. There was only one multicolor diode per eye which was too dim to be effective even when the brightness was turned up to 100%.

The right eye diode flashed with about half the brightness of the left eye, and after about 60 seconds of operation would stop flashing all together until you powered it off and on again.

I returned the light frames for a refund. Now I've ordered the ruby/sapphire lightframes from mindmodulations.com for $50.

I have to admit that I was much more appreciative of my standard ruby/emerald lightframes that originally came with my Proteus after such a dissapointing trial with the ten color style. There's a lot to be said for four diodes per eye and the bicolor function.

Either there isn't much variety in CP lightframes out there, or I'm just not looking in the right places.

Hi there,

just have a look at http://www.mind-shop.de/index.php/cPath/40_43
    They have a relatively wide variety of different lightframes (also various bicolor frames), which can be used with the Proteus.

Thanks Dreamflow! That is by far the best selection I've seen on one site yet. Now if I could only find a site like this in the US......

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    I've tried all of the varieties of light frames that we have available (Ruby Sapphire, White, Amber & Ruby Emerald) and my favorites are still the Ruby Emerald (Red Green).

The Ruby Sapphire (Red Blue) are best for relaxation & meditation. The Ruby Emerald gives the best visual effects. The white, well I found them boring and the amber - the same.

That's just my opinion.

M.
    I just found this post after starting a new thread! sorry!
    thank you M.

You might find some useful snippets here...
    http://craigtavs.wordpress.com/2009/...h-the-machine/

Cheers,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ru_sirius View Post
    I just started using my new Proteus this week, which came with the standard red/green light frames. Now I'm curious about the other light frames available out there.

Does anybody have any experience with the other colors of light frames? Care to share your thoughts or preferences?
    Ru Sirius,

My advice would be to stick with the Mindplace glasses. They are much more comfortable and are the brightest out there (if they are too bright you can always turn them down a bit with your Proteus brightness control).

If you want a bit of variety to your Proteus sessions, I suggest you buy the Mindplace red/blue (ruby/shapphire) glasses. You may find these work better with some of the Proteus meditation sessions (like #11).

If you find you really like the AudioStrobe CD's (like me) I think you also might want to consider buying a pair of Mindplace (MP) red (ruby) mono-colour glasses. These glasses put each Audiostrobe (AS) channel on separate eyes and really enhances the AS experience in my opinion.

You can see the different MP glasses at;

http://www.mindplace.com/Ganzframes

For $50/pair they are pretty hard to beat imho.

Cheers,
    TomC

Thread Information