Thread: New user review

Thumbs up New user review

Just got my procyon and here are my initial comments.

Firstly, about the product. Obviously a totally professional production team behind this baby - nice packaging, and really like the engineering of the glasses; a really nice product and package.

First use - took the quick full trip, P46. Awesome. I'm gonna have lotta fun with this unit. The glasses are great - color mixing and control is everything MindPlace says.

I'm very happy with this product; now a few little nits.

Audio level - have it turned way up and though adequate, could be a bit louder. Glasses however are brilliant, maybe a bit to brilliant and I find the the brightness control is not very linear - hard to adjust downward. Lastly, couldn't get the up/down session selection to decrement - no big deal.

Of course you can find other little nits like the vol/brightness controls aren't designed for big fingers like mine, but considering the price I give this unit a 9 out of 10 - excellent work MindPlace (and lotta work I bet).

thank
    GG

Blog Entries

Default Re: New user review

Hello and welcome!

Regarding the up/down, you press and hold the top and bottom buttons together to scroll to lower program numbers.

You might find that some better headphones, like some of the new "in-the-ear" style (eg. Sony EX71) will give you a louder sound because of their higher sensitivity.

Tell me more about the brightness control. Do you find it changes brightness too quickly at the bottom of it's range (from off to brighter) or at the top of the range (from brightest to lower)?

-Andy.

Smile Re: New user review

Thanks for your answer Andy. Here's the update - good news.

Volume - actually quite happy with it now that I've run a number of sessions. Found that I actually have to turn it down a bit sometimes - seems a bit distorted at full volume. Real solution: get rid of background noise which is why I cranked it up in the first place. Gonna save my pennies for noise cancel type headphones.

Brightness - think it's fine - problem is my big fingers; applied some finesse to the control and I'd say it's OK.

So we've gone from 9 to 9.5 -

I'm happy.

GG

Blog Entries

Default Re: New user review

That's great news!
    Thanks very much for your comments!

-Andy.

Thread Information