Thread: Newbie with headaches

Default Newbie with headaches

Hi Folks, I'm new to AVS. I wanted to try it to aid my meditation practice. I bought a Kasina and received it yesterday. I tried it for two sessions in the evening, both about 15 mins each. Afterwards, I had a painful headache that I think came from 'looking' at the lights. Also, I ended up so wired I couldn't get to sleep until about 2am. Is this a common initial response to the use of AVS gadgets for the first time? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie with headaches

For some yes it is an initial reaction. Lower the brightness of the lights until you adjust to the experience. With more experience you will most likely find the ideal settings, sessions and also the time of day to use the Kasina. Which sessions have you been trying so far. I may be able to make more specific recommendations with a bit more information.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks Scott! I appreciate the feedback. I'll keep at it and will certainly try the lower light intensity.

Blog Entries

Do you have your eyes closed?
    The included Kasina Ganzframes are designed to be used with your eyes closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi Andy! Yes, I keep my eyes closed throughout the sessions. Funnily enough, it is tougher than it seems at times.

I did two sessions today, Bowlscape and Rest, using the light intensity at its lowest setting that still allows light. I didn't suffer a headache (woo-hoo!) but struggled with sleep again. I'll keep going, maybe adjusting my sessions to earlier in the day until I get used to the AVS experience.

Thread Information