Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PreSage

Default PreSage

Hi! Could you give us some information about PreSage that will be compitable with Procyon? Will it work like EEG? Will it be able to replace EEG for simple tasks such as indentifiing brain state (alhpa, beta, theta or delta)? If not, what will it do? What will cooperation with Procyon provide? Will Procyon alter sessions based on PreSage data? When approximately will it be released?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: PreSage

Hi Maximus,

I'm glad you're excited about the new PreSage, we are too!
    Basically, it will work as a standalone unit or in concert with the Procyon, in the same way that the Thoughtstream did with the Proteus.

It's exact functions and capabilities and release date have not yet been determined, but suffice to say that we have been working on it for quite a while. Hopefully we'l have more news soon.

-Andy.

Thanks for quik answer. The question is on what are you working now? Will it be like EEG unit or GSR? Will it be able alter Procyon program in realtime?

Blog Entries

Hi Maximus,

Quote Originally Posted by Maxims View Post
    Thanks for quick answer. The question is on what are you working now? Will it be like EEG unit or GSR?
    It will work with GSR. It may also have a temperature reading function as well.

Will it be able alter Procyon program in real time?
    That I don't know.

M.

And what about Proxima? As I could guess it will be EEG unit? Can you say anything about it? When are you planning to release it? What is approximate cost?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    And what about Proxima? As I could guess it will be EEG unit? Can you say anything about it? When are you planning to release it? What is approximate cost?
    Thanks.
    Yes, the Proxima will be an EEG unit. The product is in the development stage right now and I don't have any information on price or release date yet.

I'm excited about this one too.

M.

At some point, not long after the release of the PreSage, the Procyon will have the capacity to "follow" the PreSage output via an OS update, like the Procyon/ThoughtStream approach, except with more biofeedback channels and faster response.

It will initially ship with two GSR probes, in case you wish to use it for left/right balancing or in couples situations, and will include free software for graphing, storing and redisplaying sessions. It will also be capable of using temperature probes and possibly other sensors, but not EEG--so it won't be capable of directly displaying alpha, beta, etc.

-Robert

8. Default Re: PreSage

Cool Robert.
    I'm looking forward to its release.

And once that gets here - I'll be looking forward to the Proxima.

Regards
    Caleb

Hello! How about a hear-rate monitor and gsr. This would certainly be great.

Blog Entries

Hi Robbo,

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Hello! How about a hear-rate monitor and gsr. This would certainly be great.
    Interesting idea ... you are almost at a polygraph machine. Is there a particular reason you feel that a heart rate monitor would be useful to people interested in biofeedback?

I'm not sure whether this feature would be possible or not with the current design of the machine that feature would involve a different chip and measuring devices. It maybe something that could or would work better with the EEG machine. I'm just speculating here.

M.

Thread Information