Thread: Replacement Procyon GanzFrames

1. Default Replacement Procyon GanzFrames

I purchased a pair of Ganzframes from i products and was disappointed with the quality. They are too big. Too flimsy and very uncomfortable to wear. The supplier mentioned that Mindplace replace this type with the more superior type as per supplied with the purchase of the Procyon.

I'm a tad bit disappointed with this new Ganzframe.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Replacement Procyon GanzFrames

You are saying that you don't like the old ones and you don't like the new ones either (different style)? In that case the only thing you could do is send a request to orders@mindplace.com asking for a Procyon light strip, then you can experiment and try to place it in other glasses that you like. There is of course no guarantee that you will find something suitable for you. But it is more likely if you are willing to test various configurations.

I have found for instance that these safety glasses with a strap work fine. http://amzn.to/1HT5hA9 You have to take some steps to black out the lenses. I use tint film but you can use paint, black construction paper.. etc. It is a DIY thing.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Also there is this tutorial I made on using the light strips to create a sleep mask. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3H43uP_t58 That would definitely be more comfortable. You can pull the light strips out of the glasses you have if you wanted to as well as the light diffusers. It's not hard if you have tiny jeweler's screwdrivers. The strips are very tough.

Some soldering skill might be helpful, especially with the old style Procyon glasses and the way they are fed through the frames. You can cut out the wire but it is easiest to unsolder it, then solder back again. The newer style doesn't require soldering if you are careful.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Replacement Procyon GanzFrames

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    You are saying that you don't like the old ones and you don't like the new ones either (different style)? In that case the only thing you could do is send a request to orders@mindplace.com asking for a Procyon light strip, then you can experiment and try to place it in other glasses that you like. There is of course no guarantee that you will find something suitable for you. But it is more likely if you are willing to test various configurations.

I have found for instance that these safety glasses with a strap work fine. http://amzn.to/1HT5hA9 You have to take some steps to black out the lenses. I use tint film but you can use paint, black construction paper.. etc. It is a DIY thing.

Hi Neuroasis,Absolutely not unhappy with the old Ganzeframe. To the contrary. What I was trying to say was that the present style that I received from the iproducts is less superior to the smaller original type that I received from Mindplace last year when I purchased my procyon.

The Ganzeframe I received yesterday are too large. Too thin. Does not allow for the lights to sit outside my eye as did the original type.

Just curious why Mindplace changed the original design to this backward design of yesteryear. Even your promotional material online shows the old design.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries

Can you post some pictures? Ganzframes have changed many times over the years, and I'd like to see which pairs you are comparing.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Replacement Procyon GanzFrames

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Can you post some pictures? Ganzframes have changed many times over the years, and I'd like to see which pairs you are comparing.
    Hi again Andy,

I will try try to do that in a couple of hours or so when I return home.
    Last edited by BunnyhahaCheeks; 07-13-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Are the ones you have purple or black? The black ones are the new ones as show in the promotional material at Amazon and MindPlace http://amzn.to/1HmEURC . The picture with the box and the breakout picture of the glasses.. The new ones go in line with the ones released for the Kasina and have 12 LEDs compared to 6 in the purple Procyon glasses. Most of our customers prefer this style as they are more like sunglasses. Plus, they are superior in the light output.

8. Default Re: Replacement Procyon GanzFrames

Hi Andy,

I'm not able to upload pics her so have sent you the pics by email.

However, Neuroasis, kindly replied below. Suppose I'd have to grow accustomed to them. Apparently they are more superior, having 12 lights opposed to the 6 offered previously.

Will persevere and feed back to you in a few weeks.

Forever thanks.

Blog Entries

What exactly is uncomfortable for you though? Nose? Ears? You could consider nose pads and/or ear pads if that is the case. Any pharmacy has them.

Blog Entries

I uploaded the pics you sent me, Andrew. You can upload pics by clicking on "Go Advanced" below the reply box, and then selecting the menu icon that looks a like a picture in a frame. (between the globe with an "X" (delete hyperlink) and the filmstrip (imbed video)).

OLD GANZFRAMES:
    IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg

NEW GANZFRAMES:

IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information