Thread: which one is better?procyon and Neuro-Programmer 3

Default which one is better?procyon and Neuro-Programmer 3

Just compare their part of sound.

Blog Entries

Default Re: which one is better?procyon and Neuro-Programmer 3

If you are just comparing sound, then hands down Neuro Programmer.

It is not a fair comparison though. NP3 is a computer app that opens up a range of tools to import audio files and modulate them. The Procyon has no internal storage for sound files. If you were to stick with just binaural or isochronic beats then the Procyon is plenty capable.

Still, not a fair comparison because the Procyon is a visual light synthesizer primarily. It does quite a bit more onboard with light than you could do with NP3 (for the NP3/Procyon combination would only support AudioStrobe using 2 of the LEDs)

You would really use the Procyon in conjunction with a computer app like NP3 to create soundtracks for its sessions which you would then feed in via the AUX jack.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: which one is better?procyon and Neuro-Programmer 3

Related to this discussion I want to point out a series of Synchromuse wav files that I have posted online here: https://github.com/scottosx/Procyon-...ssion-Triggers

These will trigger the Procyon sessions that are stored in the first 50 slots. Those could be the factory sessions if you haven't changed them, or custom ones that you have written and stored in one of those slots. Simply pick the wav file that matches the number of the session you want to trigger.

You can put these in a NP3 session or a Mind Workstation one. Normally you would place them at the beginning with no other audio playing. You will have to play with adjusting the volume on your computer or mp3 player to get it to trigger. Sometimes it is fidgety.

Then when you play back the session, btw the Procyon should be in DL2 mode, when the Synchromuse trigger plays, the Procyon will call up the referenced session and play it back. Ideally, there would be a relationship between the frequencies of the modulation in the audio file/session you have created and the Procyon session. That way, you can have an audio file that triggers and syncs with the Procyon. So, the best of both worlds.

It will take some work on your part right now to deconstruct the Procyon session. I plan to start selling templates in the near future that have the basic Procyon session layouts for this purpose.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information