Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

1. Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

Hey Art - I liked your reply.

I have indeed read a large number of Carlos Castaneda books (although it was quite some time ago now). I don't personally think they were 100% factual, but that doesn't mean that they didn't make a big impression on me at the time - otherwise I wouldn't have read so many of them.

I've also read Jonathon Livingston Seagull, but not Illusions. Again - it was quite some time ago and that didn't make the same kind of philosophical impression on me, although I really liked reading it.

I think your experimentations in lucid dreaming are quite fascinating. My remarks about its possible inadequacies were actually a jab elsewhere rather than at you. Even if you just treat dreams as a projection of the subconscious mind, I could see consciously interacting with a stream of subconsciousness to have value.

It's also quite difficult to accomplish - you need quite a bit of conscious muscle to stop yourself being swept away back into a dream you can no longer control. Myself, I've only managed small periods of lucidity unfortunately - so have not explored the advantages of direct interaction with my subconscious in that way.

Actually Marisa probably has some cool thoughts on this as I would imagine the subconscious is very much her "playground" in her line of work.

Regards
    Caleb

Default Re: Procyon Session 27 - fine and then suddenly irritating

Hi Caleb:

I have had a few incredible lucid dreams - as well as what maybe one would call 'visions'. I haven't time to relate these to you at the moment. I appreciate your reply. I read those books long ago, like you, in the 1970's.

Regards,

Art

Thread Information