Thread: Why different program times?

1. Default Why different program times?

I'm a newbie here so please understand if I'm slow. My main interest at this time is getting better sleep.
    What is the difference in the night voyage programs besides the length of the programs?
    Do the longer ones work better?
    If you use say the hour long one do you plan an hour in advance when you are going to want to be asleep or do you go to sleep during the session?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why different program times?

The program times differ as people have different needs and preferences. Also, with familiarity it may be the case that they take less time to work than initially. In most cases the session time is expanded by looping the mid sections.

For sleep, I suggest you use the programs in a progressive manner. So, first gauge your average time to fall asleep, on a good night that is. If you are mostly comfortable with that time frame (I'm talking about non-insomnia episodes) then you would shoot for a final program around that duration.

First you should try the hour long one and feel completely free (in fact encouraged) to fall asleep during the session. If that works for you, then move down the scale to the shorter ones until you reach the comfortable target. Then on sleepless nights you can pull out the longer ones again.

There is a lot to be said for routine and conditioning when it comes to sleep. Thus set up a consistent program of doing one of these sessions, say a few weeks or so beyond when you have good results. Then taper off for awhile with a maintenance session at least one night in an alternating week. The idea is to keep the 'sleep trigger' that a session of this type provides intact but not to become dependent upon it. That way, you have it as a tool when needed.

You might also try an AudioStrobe/Synchromuse session of this type: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...leep-Induction That session has proven to be very effective.

Hope this helps and feel free to request more info or clarifications.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Why different program times?

Thank you Scott! I work night shift 2 nights a week. The other nights I pretty much switch my sleep pattern back to sleeping when the rest of the world does. As you might imagine I almost always have some sort of issue or another with getting to sleep.
    Enough of an issue that I got some sleeping pills from my doctor.
    I tried the 35 minute session and went right to sleep afterwards. The 25 minute session worked well too. The 15 minute session didn't seem to help much.
    Your suggestions sound good. I'll give them a try.
    Thanks again
    Kim

Thread Information