Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

1. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Ha no worries at all. I'd rather you get the software out there asap rather than us wait as you get all the features working cross-platform. No big deal and thanks for the awesome software.

2. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Can I make audiostrobe and/or spectrastrobe sessions with the editor? is it easy to learn to do? when i use neuroprogrammer which automatically audiostrobes your track by selecting an audiostrobe track then i get the same pattern throughout the track,when i would like a lot of variety of patterns just like with audio illusions etc

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

That's pretty far beyond the scope of what any free software would do. At least from me. There is always GNaural and the templates I made for that. Don't forget the LUX SS and AS plugins for Windows too. Or the MuLab MUX. They are free.

There is a reason that NP3 and MWS cost money because lots of third party licenses for libraries have to be invested in. Then there is the development time involved. I have already put in literally thousands of dollars of my own money in plug ins for my development system but because I am learning as I go and I don't like to reinvent the wheel, it is worth it to me.

Basically, what I'm saying, you either pay for ease of use or invest time in education. In the best case, both.

I am pursuing other strategies to get tools into your hands though.

Right now I am working on Audacity integration. It is also being considered with that of how far I go before I release something to the public. Right now, you can manually do basic stuff with some effort. This is outlined in a couple of videos on our YouTube channel. The plugins I made haven't been released yet.

The thing is that I have found a way to make it more automatic but like all new things it is just a few inches above my head at the moment.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Thanks Scott.

I find it more stimulating to listen to sessions with sound effects/music than just listening to sessions that just have isochronic tones or binaural beats, thats another reason why kasina is great because it is not just entrainment but also fun to listen to which for me then it is more entertaining too.

5. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Yes, you are right, It?s not a bug... In the graphical view the buttons above are just for viewing the different parameters, editing is in the middle. I didn?t realized that at first glance. Preview is working now, too.

By the ways, one suggestion... KBS Basic Editor Sessions for me works even better than the Kasina Factory Presets with spectrascope. They are more reduced, as a musician I?m always analyzing the musical soundtrack - so for me it?s easyier to "kill the inner babbling monkey" (I hope, you know what I mean) with the simple but working KBS Sessions. What about some KBS Factory Presets (you are probably more experienced in this stuff , even the wizard is working fine...)?

Best,
    Ralf

Blog Entries

Chris and Ralf,
    As we can see from this very thread, people like different kinds of sessions. Some with music, some without music. Some with complex colorful light shows and some with simple repetitive light shows.

That is why the Kasina offers these various options of type of sessions, from simple to complex.

The KBS format is great for creating lots of simple sessions that focus strongly on the 'stimulation' aspects. It is also perfect for trying out ideas with a lot of variety. The KBS files themselves are so small that you could have hundreds of them (realistically, actually you could fit millions on the card)

If you find particular frequencies and ramps that you like using KBS then the idea is that you would be able to export this information to other software which would allow you to build in soundtracks or what not then export that as audio to the Kasina. Right now you can export the session to Mind Workstation. I am working now on finishing the Audacity side of exports. GNaural export will probably be introduced too. (you can import now)

That keeps our editor focused on overall Kasina tasks without too much bloat. And also makes it more fair for me to offer it for free. (and as a part of your Kasina purchase)

The way that playlists are envisioned, you can mix up complex intros and closers (which is one reason why some Mind Art sessions are short) and then in the middle have some KBS sessions. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Presets in the KBS world are the Wizard section types. In this new version you can save and open Wizard section types with a kwz extension. Of course you could also open or insert any previously created KBS too to edit or include in a new session. For studying sessions right now we have all of the Sirius factory sessions, which are good 'best practice' sessions and showcase some of the MindPlace research for effectiveness that was undertaken at that time.

Hope all of that makes sense and helps.

I will be making more videos on how to use various features of the KBS Editor. I just didn't want to unleash too many at once (there are around 20 now).

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

7. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I am working now on finishing the Audacity side of exports.
    This is great news to hear! Can't wait.

8. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Thank you Scott.

9. Default Re: Kasina Basic Session Editor Release v1.5

Thanks so much for this software, I have it installed and I'm really excited to get working with it. I have my kasina connected to my mac via usb but I don't know how to transfer my new session to the sd card. Is there an idiot's guide? Sorry for asking what I'm sure is a really basic question

Blog Entries

When you save the session with the Kasina connected then it will ask you if you want to copy the session to the card after choosing a location on your hard drive to save it. It puts the session in the KBS folder on the card.

There are several videos online at our YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/themindplace The software also intends to be self documenting when you open the Help window and hover your mouse over any control or window you want to know about.

Of course, I am also more than happy to answer any questions for further insight and can make more detailed videos or docs if needed.

Best,
    Scott

Thread Information