Thread: Kasina with Leap controller and Gecco

1. Default Kasina with Leap controller and Gecco

My friend and I had an interesting thought. Since Kasina can interpret midi data. You could map values and functions to Gecco and utilize the leap motion controller to do all kinds of interesting things.

It would be interesting for example if you could swap out various audio blocks on the fly or attenuate the signal as it is going into the aux port. If you mapped leap to filters as you were playing the files back it could open up a ton of interesting controls that were live editing of your session. fade up and down for example between 2 different audio track in a daw, each one with slightly different settings.

Link to Geco
    http://uwyn.com/geco/

Leap Controller
    Info:
    https://www.leapmotion.com

As for buying one they are cheap and available all over
    Amazon and best buy etc have them.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Karina with Leap controller and Gecco

I'm game. I always kept my eye on the Leap Motion but never took the leap However, I am a sucker for that kind of flashy forward thinking gadgetry.

Actually, what I have been doing this weekend is working with Craig Tice's MuLab implementation and trying to whip it into acceptable shape at the free 4 track level. I come from Ableton Live and it is a completely different way of thinking but I'm starting to get a handle on it.

The modular aspect of the MUX in MuLab can do things (actually package functionality) in ways that others DAWs can't or not as easily. I can see why he chose to go this route but it in its present state it requires a huge amount of fortitude to get working. I plan to try to make the transition easier. The Leap Motion or other MIDI controllers should integrate well with this project. I personally have a lot of fun with the Numark Orbit as a wireless setup.

It really depends on people showing interest and adopting a let's all play attitude. I can only do so much and I have my internal priorities list of how I think we can move forward the furthest, the fastest. But it is often request driven and I toy with all kinds of things in the background that with just a little polish and interest could see release.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Karina with Leap controller and Gecco

Very cool I use leap to do all my automation stuff. Literally conducting as i play back.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Karina with Leap controller and Gecco

Should have one tomorrow. I have a Muse EEG headset coming too. The SDK for it supports OSC so i'm going to start looking at incorporating these into the larger MIDI/OSC/DAW ecosystem that we have been talking about.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Karina with Leap controller and Gecco

That sounds great. It would be interesting to guide a session with it.

Thread Information