Thread: Therapy Applications

1. Question Therapy Applications

I have just purchased a Procyon, I have a Proteus and have used it personally for some time with great enjoyment!
    However the lure of the SynchroMuse application has given me the incentive to try the new machine as I would like to be able to use the Procyon with certain of my therapy clients - I am a Clinical Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist - so I want to be able to use hypnotherapy CD's or mp3's that I've created with the Procyon. I think I'm right in saying the Procyon will do this....!!
    I've just printed out the Editor manual.... but would appreciate input from anybody who's thinking of the Procyon as more than an entertainment/personal development unit!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Therapy Applications

Hi Little Owl,

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOwl View Post
    I have just purchased a Procyon, I have a Proteus and have used it personally for some time with great enjoyment!
    However the lure of the SynchroMuse application has given me the incentive to try the new machine as I would like to be able to use the Procyon with certain of my therapy clients - I am a Clinical Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist - so I want to be able to use hypnotherapy CD's or mp3's that I've created with the Procyon. I think I'm right in saying the Procyon will do this....!!
    I've just printed out the Editor manual.... but would appreciate input from anybody who's thinking of the Procyon as more than an entertainment/personal development unit!
    Yes, you can use your hypnotherapy CDs with the Procyon. Was there something more specific that you wanted to know about the Procyon beyond the question I answered?

M.

3. Default Re: Therapy Applications

Thanks for confirming that once I figure it out I will be able to use the Procyon within my practice. After dealing with the instructions regarding installing the USB drivers and spending a huge amount of time trying to get my computer to recognise the Procyon I was wondering if anyone else has used SynchroMuse yet and had any tips, I will be keeping everything crossed that the instructions and tutorial are relatively simple!
    The MindSpa makes a huge thing about it being a good therapy tool and I noted when I registered my Procyon that it's not even listed as a possible reason for purchase however if I can master SynchroMuse and use it successfully with some of my - particularly the younger - clients it could be amazing and I was just looking for anyone thinking along the same lines!
    So I guess I'm looking for feedback rather than answers to specific questions, I will be tackling the SynchroMuse tutorial this weekend so may be back...!

On the plus side Session 20 was a huge help after I'd finally installed the USB drivers...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Therapy Applications

Hi Little Owl,

Well there is an easier way.

What I did when I was practicing hypnotherapy is, I got a small mixer, cd player, 2 sets of headphones & one microphone. I attached the Proteus (Procyon would work also) to the mixer, along with the cd player and microphones. Then I could play whatever music I liked (I usually chose a cd that had the sound of the surf) and use whatever program I wanted on the L&S machine and away I went.

I liked this method because with the microphone, I could mix my voice in with the sound and beats and do my session with the client encapsulated in the experience with the light and sound. It was very powerful.

The mixer I got was very inexpensive ... somewhere around $100 CD.

M.

Thread Information