Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help needed creating sessions

1. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

ok, I just put them both in fold an zipped it. Sorry for the delay.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

You are doing well in laying out the session for time and segments. I can see that you have learned the methods of ramping. Good job.

A few things to note on this session:

You are going down to 0.1hz. That is a 10 second cycle. The lights would be on for this entire period with no flicker. That's a long time and well below anything that would be recognized as a brainwave sync pattern. Cycles this slow are good for rotating colors or changing background colors but not of much benefit the way they are used in this session.

Also, because the pitch settings can only be integers (not decimals as 0.1hz is) then you can't create binaural beats with frequency this slow (and the binaural beats wouldn't work anyway as the cycle duration is too long to have a recognizable beat pattern)

One more thing to realize concerning binaural beats. At the 1Hz setting, they create a 'rotating' effect. We perceive the sound as moving around our head. That in itself can be distracting (although cool if intended). Some people even get dizzy or seasick from this.

Is there some reason you selected this frequency?

You would be on firmer ground closer to 3hz.

You are changing volumes throughout the session. More than doubling the volume range across the segment. In a sleep session this is not advisable. You want to create a 'featureless' field, so as not to disturb the onset and early sleep stages. Changing volume or significant light alterations can draw attention and interrupt sleep. At later stages you could introduce some variations to create 'cues' for lucid dreaming for instance.

I would keep the volume static during the mid segments. The binaural beats gives it some sense of volume modulation.

A last thing to note is for my taste in creating a sleep session, the pitch is too high. I find low pitch settings more relaxing and less obtrusive. More towards 80hz to 100hz.

Anyway these are suggestions from experience. Take what you like. The important thing is to experiment and try out the session for a few nights and see how it works for you.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

Thank you for looking at it. The reason why I choose what I did is because the body does the majority of it's healing while in sleep mode so the intention is put some one in a deep sleep. It may be best to just turn off the lights at the 3hz mark.
    I moved the volume around like that because I want it to seem more interesting to people.
    I have a hyperbaric chamber and charge people for an hr of use. The chamber helps people heal so that's why I need them to pass out. It maximizes the healing process.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldeSchoolWolf View Post
    Thank you for looking at it. The reason why I choose what I did is because the body does the majority of it's healing while in sleep mode so the intention is put some one in a deep sleep. It may be best to just turn off the lights at the 3hz mark.
    I moved the volume around like that because I want it to seem more interesting to people.
    I have a hyperbaric chamber and charge people for an hr of use. The chamber helps people heal so that's why I need them to pass out. It maximizes the healing process.
    I know what you mean. The goal of making an 'interesting' session and the goal of putting people to sleep are contradictory. I go round and round with myself many times in making sessions. We as designers like to push our own boundaries and challenge ourselves to come up with new and neat stuff. But this should not supersede the intent of the session. It is a line that is easy to cross.

The hyperbaric chamber sounds really interesting. We like to see unique uses for our products. If you would be willing to document with photos and such that would great. I could even assist you on the session creation. Also, contact me by private message if you want a sleep mask made which would be more comfortable and we can work out the fees and time table.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

That make's sense about the volume and the pitch. Try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

Alright, it's doing that thing again where it doesn't want to move a session to the device. Will I have to uninstall and re-install every time I want to do this?

Blog Entries

I can't see any reason that the Procyon software would stop working after installed. Are you sure that you are opening the COM port? Serial Communication - Open COM Port. It is not automatic. Otherwise I haven't heard of this before but maybe Andy has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldeSchoolWolf View Post
    Alright, it's doing that thing again where it doesn't want to move a session to the device. Will I have to uninstall and re-install every time I want to do this?
    Can you explain in more detail what you are doing, what error message(s) you are getting and so on? The more detail, the easier it will be to help you.

There is no need to re-install the software.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

9. Default Re: Help needed creating sessions

New question. Is it possible to set the sound to 528hz. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Sure, change the pitch. The upper limit of Procyon sound frequency is 600hz.

Thread Information