Thread: BrainSync (Kelly Howell) products with Procyon AVS

1. Default BrainSync (Kelly Howell) products with Procyon AVS

Hi All,

I have a bunch of BrainSync MP3's available, which I'd like to use with my Procyon device.
    Does anyone have hands-on experience with this combination?
    I know which frequency each MP3 is, so I think all I have to do is to match it with a
    Procyon program with a similar frequency.

Or am I wrong?

Looking forward to some insights.

Gregory

Blog Entries

Default Re: BrainSync (Kelly Howell) products with Procyon AVS

You can pipe those into the AUX port on the Procyon. If you know the frequencies then rather than matching them with an onboard session you would probably achieve the best results by loading the Procyon editor and creating custom sessions with those frequencies. It is not very hard to do. Here is a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAM9x582PCw

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: BrainSync (Kelly Howell) products with Procyon AVS

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    You can pipe those into the AUX port on the Procyon. If you know the frequencies then rather than matching them with an onboard session you would probably achieve the best results by loading the Procyon editor and creating custom sessions with those frequencies. It is not very hard to do. Here is a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAM9x582PCw

Best,
    Scott
    Scott, thanks for the information. I will try to create a custom session, based on the tutorial.

Gregory

Probably a bit easier to use NP3 (or workstation) to create a audiostrobe session that will let you drop in your mp3 tracks.

5. Default Re: BrainSync (Kelly Howell) products with Procyon AVS

Hi Tom,
    Thanks, but what is NP3?
    Also, the MP3's contain subliminal programming. So, these will not get destroyed?

Gregory

Blog Entries

Not sure I would absolutely say that it would be that much easier. Especially if you are dealing with just a few frequencies and have never used NeuroProgrammer before. The Procyon editor is really not that hard. Add a segment, set some values, mainly you are concerned about frequency. The difficulty comes when you are trying to make the lights flash in interesting ways. But even in NP3 that is difficult for a beginner to do. Also, with AudioStrobe you only get 2 color channels.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Gregory,
    The hardest part that most people have is finding the COM port for their Procyon once they have hooked it by a USB cable to the computer. Have you been able to get the editor installed and the Procyon recognized?

BTW, NP3 is NeuroProgrammer 3 from Transparent Corp. Great program. Still you have to get the audio out from the computer. Set up the AudioStrobe, etc. So it is really not that much easier on the first set up.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Gregory,
    The hardest part that most people have is finding the COM port for their Procyon once they have hooked it by a USB cable to the computer. Have you been able to get the editor installed and the Procyon recognized?

BTW, NP3 is NeuroProgrammer 3 from Transparent Corp. Great program. Still you have to get the audio out from the computer. Set up the AudioStrobe, etc. So it is really not that much easier on the first set up.

Scott
    Ya, just google NeuroProgrammer 3 from Transparent and you can have a look at what it does. You can also download a free demo to look at it in more detail. If you buy NP3 Ultimate (~$90) you can save your sessions to mp3 or wav files and then just run this through an mp3 player (or CD player) instead of your PC.

To be honest I am not familiar with the Brainsync mp3's mentioned so I don't really know what to expect if you try to combine these with your procyon. If the mp3 already has brainwave freq's it may be impossible to properly sync these. If these mp3's already have audiostrobe tracks built in you could just run them through your aux in AS mode.

Thread Information