Thread: AudioStrobe Recommendations for Kasina

1. Default AudioStrobe Recommendations for Kasina

Dear fellow Kasina fans,

I have the full set of AudioStrobe CDs from Mindplace and enjoy many tracks. Audio Illusions 'moth' is a standout favorite, as is Requiem. Also like Brain Scan.

There was a post here some time ago (cannot find it!) with a user having many AS albums. And looking at the AudioStrobe website there are quite a few to choose from. Audiostrobe.com CD Shop

My question: Can anyone recommend any AS albums? Even state their least liked ones? I would like to buy a few more from the website but no reviews anywhere it seems.

My interests are in meditation, trance, hypnosis. Also like Mind Art stuff for a change, and wondered if Tamas Labs 'Children of the Universe' was 'far out' or not?

PS. The Kasina does a wonderful job with AudioStrobe stuff. The different settings give an amazing variety. Thanks MindPlace. Look forward to some SpectraStrobe albums. Or even a Pink Floyd 'Echoes' session from someone out there?!
    Last edited by RichardHK; 03-01-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Blog Entries

Default Re: AudioStrobe Recommendations for Kasina

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHK View Post
    Look forward to some SpectraStrobe albums.
    Just in case you haven't looked recently, there's actually a TON of SpectraStrobe sessions in the Kasina Sessions library on the forum. Enough to keep one busy for a long time!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

It's not particularly difficult to add SpectraStrobe to existing content, including material already AudioStrobe encoded.

AS encoding can be mapped just as it is in the AS version, while the extra color channels can use features from the music to influence the light. This is a fairly simple, somewhat automated strategy - one which I will do for a very reasonable price.

The other method is to manually design the lightshow, point by point, using some aesthetic or theoretical model. This takes as long as it takes.

There are a number of popular AS titles adapted to SpectraStrobe on the Kasina that I prepared using these methods.

Cheers,
    Craig

Hi Richard,

I'm a big AudioStrobe fan and also own most of their titles. My favorite is Isle of Glass.

Easiest way to get these is to go to the AudioStrobe mp3 store;

http://www.audiostrobe.com/websiteNe...hp?language=en

You can select any title and play some demo tracks (with your Kasina in usb mode). If you like them, you can then buy/download them. I have to warn you it's so easy to do you'll probably end up buying them all, lol!

I really love the Kasina's colour sets since it lets you play with diff colours and channel panning. Makes many of your old AS titles seem like new again imho.

I think that AS provided a file conversion to take advantage of the Laxman 3-colour glasses so maybe they will do the same with Kasina's spectrastrobe in the future. Not really sure about this, or if it would be a significant improvement or not.

Cheers,
    Tom

5. Default Re: AudioStrobe Recommendations for Kasina

Thanks all for your feedback.

Have downloaded the Kasina sessions forum stuff Andy and will give them all a try very soon.

Too busy to do my own encoding Craig! Happy to buy ready-made stuff so how about an album or more from you? I originally planned to create Procyon sessions some time back but other stuff got in the way.

Thanks for that Tom. I found my browser download add-on could download all the demos so now have replicated the AS site's album samples on my Kasina card. Some tracks do stand out as must-buys but will be careful to not buy them all at once!
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

6. Default Re: AudioStrobe Recommendations for Kasina

Tom,

Do you have the 'Concentration & Deep Sleep - Deep Sleep' track? And possibly the 'Brain Machine - Eternal Crystal' track?

Reason I ask is that samples on the AS website are the same! If you have either or both of these could you check against website for me? I have emailed AS for advice but no response. Looking to buy the Concentration & Deep Sleep album.

Best regards.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Hi Richard, I do not have the Concentration & Deep Sleep but I do have Brain Machine so I cannot say for sure. I listened to the sample of CDS and these two tracks sounded very similar. Let me know what AS has to say. Of course you can just buy/download single tracks. This is a good feature and can save you a bit of $'s if you do not like a few tracks. For example Requiem track 1 is great but track 2 is so-so and I would not bother with it.

Cheers,
    Tom

8. Default Re: AudioStrobe Recommendations for Kasina

Hi Richard,

If you like pink floyd, there is a free session of mine called " sky trip", and some people said that it had some pink floyd sounds in it.
    You will find it in the "kasina sessions" forum. Please tell me what you think about it :-)

Thread Information