Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Kasina sessions

1. Question Downloading Kasina sessions

I am new to this. I just got my Kasina and have tried to download sessions from the boards. The sessions do not download in mps format. When I try to open the file I get the message file cannot be opened. I would really like to get some of the sessions so any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina sessions

Hello and Welcome!

The files that are in the Kasina Sessions forum are in .zip format. After downloading, you need to double-click the file to extract the contents. If you're using Windows, you will then click on "Extract All" and follow the instructions. The files inside the .zip file will be an .mp3 file and sometimes a .mws and/or .jpg file.

The .mp3 file is the one you want to put on your Kasina. .mps is not a format that the Kasina will play.

Give that a try and let us know if you have any trouble.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Downloading Kasina sessions

Hello Andy,
    After I download, it downloads as an attachment. When I click on it, I just get the message the file cannot be opened. I downloaded the session to my desktop. I don't know what I am doing wrong. It does does give me the option to extract the files, and it did not download as a zip file, it just downloaded as an attachment.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Downloading Kasina sessions

Are you getting a file called "attachment.php" instead of a .zip file? Are you using Internet Explorer as your Browser?

If both of those are true, please try again. I see that there was some issues with IE11 that cause problems on this forum, and made some changes to try and accomodate IE11.

Let me know if the files download properly now.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Downloading Kasina sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Are you getting a file called "attachment.php" instead of a .zip file? Are you using Internet Explorer as your Browser?

If both of those are true, please try again. I see that there was some issues with IE11 that cause problems on this forum, and made some changes to try and accomodate IE11.

Let me know if the files download properly now.
    Thank you so much, this is working for me now. I could not figure out what was wrong. I really appreciate your help.

Blog Entries

You're welcome and my apologies for the trouble.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Downloading Kasina sessions

Hello Andy,
    I am having the same problem now downloading the proteus and procyon sessions. Could you do the same thing for those that you did for the kasina which opens fine for me now. When I try open the proteus or procyon files they do not open as mp3 files. I have a new procyon and I would like to be able to download sessions on it

Thanks

Blog Entries

Are you still getting attachment.php? If so, Andy, would be the one to fix that.

If not and it is due to the different types of files then here is information on that:

Procyon and Proteus do not load mp3 files directly. So, the sessions that are available for these, that is, the ones on the Proteus and Procyon pages on the main support site, are in formats special to the machines. PRW for Procyon and PR2 for Proteus. You load these sessions from the machine editors, after you install them on your PC.

Here is the link for the manual for the Procyon editor: http://support.mindplacesupport.com/...tor_Manual.pdf

Here it its for the Proteus: http://support.mindplacesupport.com/...anual_2011.pdf

If you want to play mp3 files on these machines you have to attach an external device through the AUX port. This could be a computer, mp3 player or a smartphone for instance.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

9. Default Re: Downloading Kasina sessions

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Are you still getting attachment.php? If so, Andy, would be the one to fix that.

If not and it is due to the different types of files then here is information on that:

Procyon and Proteus do not load mp3 files directly. So, the sessions that are available for these, that is, the ones on the Proteus and Procyon pages on the main support site, are in formats special to the machines. PRW for Procyon and PR2 for Proteus. You load these sessions from the machine editors, after you install them on your PC.

Here is the link for the manual for the Procyon editor: http://support.mindplacesupport.com/...tor_Manual.pdf

Here it its for the Proteus: http://support.mindplacesupport.com/...anual_2011.pdf

If you want to play mp3 files on these machines you have to attach an external device through the AUX port. This could be a computer, mp3 player or a smartphone for instance.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Hello Scott,
    Thank you for your reply. Do the manuals tell me how to do this?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Yes, now just to confirm you have all those machines right? Proteus, Procyon and Kasina? If so, you rock!

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information