Thread: Cannot download ot Procyon :o{

Arrow Cannot download ot Procyon :o{

Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:12 pm

Hi All,

Trying to download an Alpha session from the editor to the Procyon. I have selected COM 1. Unit is on, DL1 is selected. The editor asks if I want to open the port. "Yes." Then get error message : "Procyon is not responding check to see if the unit is on. Check the USB connection."

The unit is on, and the USB connection is fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Aloha,

Rex
    Khon Kaen, Thailand
    rextutor@gmail.com
    http://www.MindBodyThailand.net
    http://REBTinfo.info

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannot download ot Procyon :o{

Hi Rex;

It sounds like you haven't installed the Procyon Driver. You should also make sure you have the latest Editor.

To use the Procyon Editor, you first have to download the Procyon Driver and Procyon Editor, from here.
    Once you have downloaded them, unzip the files and run the Procyon Driver Installer.
    Now, plug in the USB cable to your Procyon and to the computer. Your Procyon should power itself on.
    As the driver recognizes the Procyon, in the balloon at the bottom right of your screen, you will see what COM port has been created.

When it completes, you can then unzip and install the Procyon Editor by clicking on the Setup.exe file in the extracted files.
    Now run the Procyon Editor by clicking Procyon AVS in your Start Menu.

On the Procyon Editor, select the "Serial Communications" menu item.
    Select "Set COM Port"
    Select either the COM port that was created (if you saw) or the highest available (non-red) COM port if you didn't catch what number it was when the driver installed.
    Select the "Serial Communications" menu item again.
    Select "Open COM Port"

If things are working correctly, you should see the red light in the top left corner change from red to green.

If you run into any difficulties, there is a walk-through video here.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Wed 18 Dec 2013, 10:55 am

Hi Andy, All,

Thanks for your help.

I figured it out, but what a pain in the butt! My workaround may be helpful to others. In the editor, I got a message that COM4 was not available and to select a different port. In select port, only COM1 was accessible, so selected that. After that, I kept getting the error message saying that the Procyon was not responding and to check to see that the Procyon was switched on and the USB connection OK . . . which of course it was. Anyay, long story short, I went to Device Manager in Windows 7 and disabled COM1 . After that, when the editor asked me to select a port, COM9 was available. Selecting that solved the problem.

Obviously, I can't leave COM1 permanentlyh disabled, so it looks like I am going to have to go through this rigamarole every time unless there is a better solution.

Aloha,

Rex
    Khon Kaen, Thailand
    rextutor@gmail.com
    http://www.MindBodyThailand.net
    http://REBTinfo.info

Blog Entries

You can manually assign the port that the Procyon driver uses and Windows will remember it. Here is a troubleshooting video that shows how.. After that a reboot of the computer should sort everything out. COM port games are always the hardest part. I know it should 'just work' but we are more than happy to help you through it when there are problems. Sounds like you are close to get things straightened out.

If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rexall9000 View Post
    In the editor, I got a message that COM4 was not available and to select a different port.
    In device manager, did the USB driver install on COM4? In the editor, you need to select the same port that was created when you installed the driver. That's the COM port that shows up in the new hardware wizard, and also in device manager.

In select port, only COM1 was accessible, so selected that.
    Typically COM1 and COM2 are hard-assigned to onboard COM ports on your motherboard, even if they aren't enabled, so you usually can't use those.

After that, I kept getting the error message saying that the Procyon was not responding and to check to see that the Procyon was switched on and the USB connection OK . . . which of course it was.
    That's because you didn't select the COM port that the driver was installed to.

Anyay, long story short, I went to Device Manager in Windows 7 and disabled COM1 . After that, when the editor asked me to select a port, COM9 was available. Selecting that solved the problem.
    Obviously, I can't leave COM1 permanentlyh disabled, so it looks like I am going to have to go through this rigamarole every time unless there is a better solution.
    It does sound like you had a trying time getting this working. Scott's video will help you get the COM port issue resolved.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information