Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: procyon cut off

Default procyon cut off

Hi;
    i just got my procyon but i have a problem:
    When i try a session (48 or 1)after a few seconds the procyon cut off.
    it's the same if i power it by batteries or by the pc.
    help please
    kapac

Blog Entries

Default Re: procyon cut off

Hi Kapac;

It sounds like your unit has the old OS.
    What numbers (if any) come up when you turn on the Procyon? If it has the new OS, it will flash something like 174. If not, you'll just see the session number.

If it doesn't come up with 174, you need to flash the OS.
    Go to http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm
    and download the Procyon editor 1.7.22. Install it and follow the instructions for flashing.

Let us know how you make out.

-Andy.

hi Andy
    It flash 174
    regards
    kapac

hi;
    i installed procyon editor 1.7.22 but when i plug procyon device and i contact it on PC .
    if i command "set COM port" i get a prompt in which COM1 and COM2 are able and all the other ports are disabled.If i choose COM1 or COM2 and commmand "open COM port"the dot remains red and i got a prompt : the procyon unit is not responding check the unit or the usb connection

Hi
    I installed the driver and updated the unit.All seems ok now.
    thank you
    There is a fact i don't understand quite well.If i closed the eyes;evidently,i cannot see frank colors except for the red ,but just greenish or blueish which are not distinguable,there is just five or six distinguable colors,why are you speaking of millions of colors?If i halfclose the eyes and look at the white bar below i can see frank colors.Why didn't place a white plastic plate on all the surface and looks opened eyes?

6. Default Re: procyon cut off

Sadly (and hopefully this is not the issue here), but many men are colorblind to some extent. I would never have guessed that I was, and no eye doctor ever caught it either (or ever told me). I accidentally stumbled across a test, and was befuddled upon learning of my slight amount of colorblindness. You might look into it.

As for your idea of an opaque screen between the eyes and the LEDS, I may have to play with this idea. I have noticed that I play with my eye positioning a lot while experimenting, and without noticing, allow my eyelids to open ever so slightly. The thin white plastic piece becomes visable in my periphery, and then my rods/cones (or whatever)become saturated without me knowing it, leaving a ghosting image that I eventual do notice. I hated it at first, but have gotten to where I sense when I am seeing it, and now avoid looking at it inadvertently. But, pehaps an opaque screen might be useful, and maybe more brilliant for certain uses. Thx for the idea.

(disclaimer - kids do not try this at home - do not think for one moment that anyone is suggesting anything outside of the suggested use for this equipment - no one should experiment, or invest in methodical research, based upon anything I may have implied, or outright stated.)

Cool Re: procyon cut off

.....and so our fancy gadget arrived. After a couple of hours I am really impressed. The smooth colour transitions are particularly fantastic.

However, both my wife and I tried session 40 and it cut off each time. The display was fixed with a 5 or an S and the frames had all the lights on. The only button that worked was on/off.

We have os 174 that was pre-installed.

I'll flash it regardless. Just a heads-up.

Thanks all
    Rob

Blog Entries

Hi Rob;

Let us know if the flash makes any difference. We're going to do some testing here. I haven't heard from anyone but you two that there are lockup issues, so I want to see if it's specific to your consoles or if there's a bug in the new OS.

Does session 1 or 48 lock up as well?

-Andy.

9. Default Re: procyon cut off

I can confirm session 40 dropping out, about 5-6 minutes into the program. My system just shuts off at that point. Only tried it once. Not sure if I want to test it further for specific information about when, or if it may end other ways.
    edit: and I have newest OS. I will run again, to see if it was a fluke, or get a better idea of when it quits.
    Last edited by biosylum; 03-03-2007 at 04:35 AM.

ok, I flashed and tested the 3 sessions mentioned and all played through with no trouble at all.

Thread Information