Thread: save Audiostrobe mp3 files to Itunes

1. Default save Audiostrobe mp3 files to Itunes

Hi,

Can anyone possibly direct me to any threads detailing how to save my mp3 Audiostrobe file (one bought from Audiostrobe) onto my itunes app. I would eventually download to my iphone for use with my Proteus (i know ancient: not got round to purchasing a Procyon yet).

Suggestions would be gratefully received.

Blog Entries

Default Re: save Audiostrobe mp3 files to Itunes

I'm not much of an iTunes user, but don't you just drag it from whatever folder it's in and drop it onto the iTunes app?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: save Audiostrobe mp3 files to Itunes

Thank you Andy.

That is what I thought but the mp3 file appears to be zipped and will not respond to dragging.

I will try again, but will still appreciate any further suggestions you may have.

Blog Entries

If it's a .zip file, you should be able to double-click it and it will unzip the folder.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hey Guys! I'm having the same issue trying to get the file from my iTunes library to my phone. I ordered the Tibetan Highlands CD, downloaded it to iTunes and have tried several times to add it to my phone. No luck. I know this seems pretty elementary and I'm usually more savy than this...but I'm stumped.

Blog Entries

On iTunes the default AAC settings should be ok. They were in the past being encoded at 256kbps which is fine. I haven't tested this in a while. However, I have iTunes set to convert everything to mp3s as this is more generally compatible across devices and operating systems so you will only need to convert that CD once. Apple has made some changes to the default mp3 profile in iTunes that DO affect AudioStrobe encoding.

Here is some screenshots of how to change to mp3 and the recommended settings for AudioStrobe.

iTunes Setup 1.png

iTunes Setup 2.png

iTunes Setup 3.png

iTunes Setup 4.png

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 06-24-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Removed 10Hz recommendation
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

That's 10 Hz, not 10kHz. Won't affect AS/SS signals.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's right, sorry. You could leave that checked then if you wanted. Otherwise, those are still the recommended settings.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks Scott and Andy. I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

Thread Information