Thread: Procyon Compatibility with Music CDs

1. Question Procyon Compatibility with Music CDs

Newbie here. Still trying to figure everything out. Isthe Procyon compatible with music CDs? Will the lights sync with a regularmusic CD? If so, what setting should be used when listening to a music CD?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Compatibility with Music CDs

Hello and Welcome!

The Procyon will sync with AudioStrobe or SynchroMuse encoded audio. Regular audio will not cause the lights in the Ganzframes to flash.

You can create AudioStrobe-encoded files using a program like Neuro-Programmer 3 from Transparent Corp.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon Compatibility with Music CDs

I've listened to regular music CDs (not AudioStrobe or SynchroMuse encoded) on the AS (AudioStrobe) setting, and the lights appear to respond to the beat of the music. Am I just tripping???

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Compatibility with Music CDs

The AudioStrobe encoding is at 19.2khz. Songs may have sounds in that frequency range, loud enough to trigger the lights. I think it would just be luck that the signal might be on the beat of the song.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Procyon Compatibility with Music CDs

Quote Originally Posted by JJTripper View Post
    I've listened to regular music CDs (not AudioStrobe or SynchroMuse encoded) on the AS (AudioStrobe) setting, and the lights appear to respond to the beat of the music. Am I just tripping???
    I have the InnerPulse Deluxe and I have found that on Au5 or AuS (Not sure) and I have not tested on cd's but I went onto Youtube and found some Dance music and then Some D n B and it responds just fine and also seems to be in time to the beat... I have had these for nearly a year and rarely used and was going to place on eBay but since I found some AudioStrobe Music (Free on SoundCloud) it has opened a whole new experience so much better than standard settings plus I can listen to any music (It seems to be the louder you have the music, the brighter the lights) As we speak I am have a Drum n Base tune on and it flashing along nicely to the beats.. EXT cable going from InnerPulse Box to laptop and then another normal mp3 to phone cable plugged into the device and glasses and the headphones plugged into device and all is good.

Happy days

Thread Information