Thread: Will it be possible to make my own synchromuse cds?

Default Will it be possible for users to make their own synchromuse cds?

Hi,

I am still a little confused as to whether you are planning to allow users to make their own synchromuse cds or not. Is this a planned feature?? I haven't seen you answer this question anywhere on the forums or your site (maybe I am being blind). IMO it would definitely be a massive USP (unique selling point).

Whether you decide to allow users the capability of creating their own synchromuse cds or not... I am sold on Procyon. So much so I have just placed my order. I was really pleased to see you have fixed the looping issue. Clearly you have great customer support.

Please keep feeding us some new features/tools/improvements . I vote for the following: allow users to encode their own synchromuse cds and ramp up the sound to have sine, triangle, wave, square - rather than just sine. Cheers

Rupert
    Last edited by rupert; 01-13-2007 at 03:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will it be possible for users to make their own synchromuse cds?

Hi Rupert;

Glad that you are as excited as we are about the new Procyon. Had a little hiccup at first, but I think we're past that major hurdle now.

Synchromuse is a feature of the Procyon that remains so far untapped. How we utilize it in the future is undetermined, whether it be we supply encoded CDs, or an editor to allow people to make their own, or both!

First things first, however... We need to make sure we've got the bugs out of the latest OS though. Thanks for your interest and stay tuned for developments in the future!

Default Re: Will it be possible to make my own synchromuse cds?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for enlightening me. Obviously you have way more important things to focus on than synchromuse right now. Can't wait to find out what you do re synchromuse though... I would love (maybe it's just me) to pump through some of my favourite tunes through the procyon in time to some visuals. Would be a very relaxing break from work etc. No doubt - the global clubbing scene would also be v interested in it as well. Would be fun if you polled peoples opinions on the subject (when you get closer to deciding what to do about it). In the meantime - I will just enjoy the procyon as is (plenty to keep me busy). Cheers!

Rupert

The short answer is: Yes!

The long answer is: there is no integrated software package which would allow you to do this. I'll post a tutorial about how to go about doing so using an audio editor such as Sound Forge in the coming weeks--slightly tedious but it works. The Procyon Editor already includes the ability to create the crucial "header" file (currently not visible to avoid frustration).

We expect to re-encode our existing CDs in the coming months, and are considering which sorts of audio material we should add to our offerings first.

Any suggestions are most welcome--what you would most like to have available for use with your Procyon!

--Robert

Robert,

you asked for suggestions. I would love for you to work with the people at Transparent.com from them to modify Neuro Programmer 2 to support SynchroMuse. That would be great.
    ----
    Christophe

6. Default Re: Will it be possible to make my own synchromuse cds?

Dont forget about Brainwave Generator (www.bwgen.com)!

Hello Robert

That sounds really exciting! I have been trying to switch on the CD at the correct time to match up with one of the Proteus sessions for learning from tapes. There is also problems when the length of the learing tape varies, so it would be nice to have various sessions stored on a SyncroMuse CD which incorporated the material to learn, the pulsed sound and light controling signals with personal learning suggestions - super.
    I don't own a Procyon yet, but if that is what you can do with it, then I will buy one as well.
    Could you tell us more about the SyncroMuse system, is it smilar to Audio Strobe?

You might want to adopt a CD model for Syncromuse, keep it as a licensed professional version. License it as a technology to give professional users a tool to make light and sound versions of CD. Perhaps a royality of .25 per cd sold.

9. Default Re: Will it be possible to make my own synchromuse cds?

I have a CD that I made called "Tibetan Singing Bowls - The 7 Chakras" that I would like to encode on a CD. This could be used as an experiment with Procyon .. it is a very popular CD. Let me know if you are interested.

- Steve

10. Default Re: Will it be possible to make my own synchromuse cds?

I am just going to be patient, as they have already answered the question of syncromuse in their editor manual -"Your Procyon includes a technology called SynchroMuse, which allows you to create compact discs which synchronize audio tracks on the CD with a session internal to the Procyon. In effect, this acts like a full-color version of the AudioStrobe? technology. We anticipate converting our current AudioStrobeencoded CDs to the SynchroMuse format, and watch our support site for detailed instructions for creating your own SynchroMuse CDs." Since Robert stepped up to the plate and suggested this was not too far away, I expect we shall be syncing up soon enough.

As for more suggestions, I would like to equally see the other stated offerings come to light as well, such as: "The Procyon can be controlled in real-time from a PC or other devices via its USB port. The Procyon Editor controls in in realtime (“PC”) mode when you test segments or sessions from your PC. We’ve also written a beta Active-X control which is available on www.mindplacesupport.com for those interested in developing PC applications to control it.". I would like to see this available in time, so that other equipment might be able to control the unit in real time (for example, the P5 Glove - yes it is obsolete, but there are user groups making use of it)

And lastly, another option we have yet to see -"You can convert any Proteus sessions you may have developed, or the "factory" Proteus sessions included with the Proteus Editor to Procyon format using the Proteus to Procyon conversion software tool available in the Procyon support section of www.mindplacesupport.com; instructions are included with that tool". This would be valuable today, I think, as we could dissect what limited programming did evolve from the Proteus.

So those would be my requests -at bare minimum: the tools that were highlighted before I made the purchase. I researched a fair amount before deciding on the Procyon, and would like to have the tools mentioned in the literature available to the public. (by the end of 2007...perhaps...if possible)

edit: forgot to mention that the random 000 session would be nicer if each segment lasted a bit longer, or perhaps was adjustable. I know we can pause the segments, but they do flash by quickly, and pausing each one as you go is tedious. It seems to me that segments need to be warmed up to.... or that we naturally get in sync after a little bit, but when the change so quickly, if you do not pause each one, you are off to the races. Get my drift? Pausing, unpausing, pausing , unpausing works, but if we had some more time to savor each one, we could naturally tell if the current segment was worth exploring deeper, or if we should let it go by.

Duane
    Last edited by biosylum; 02-04-2007 at 07:14 AM.

Thread Information