Thread: new user

1. Default new user

Hi- I've just bought a proteus. I'm not sure which OS will be on it or whether i have the simple or complex sessions. Does anyone know how i can find out? The manual is rev 3

I've tried to download v2.5 OS as that's the one that appears in the Proteus session editor software, but nothing happens on the PC or the proteus- i've checked the com port selection, cable and am in DL mode. i've got a fairly new PC that just has 5v/9v/12v next the the com ports, so am not sure whether they are the correct type, but the connector fits.

please help, thanx, Amanda

Blog Entries

Default Re: new user

Hi Amanda and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda99 View Post
    Hi- I've just bought a proteus. I'm not sure which OS will be on it or whether i have the simple or complex sessions. Does anyone know how i can find out? The manual is rev 3
    The os that is on your Proteus is the number that flashes on the LED screen when you first power it up. If you purchased it recently, it's likely 2.9 and there's no upgrade needed.

I've tried to download v2.5 OS as that's the one that appears in the Proteus session editor software, but nothing happens on the PC or the proteus- i've checked the com port selection, cable and am in DL mode. i've got a fairly new PC that just has 5v/9v/12v next the the com ports, so am not sure whether they are the correct type, but the connector fits.
    What kind of PC do you have. It's possible that the com port may not be enabled. I'll try and help if you give me a little more info on the make/model of your computer.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: new user

Hi, thanks for your reply. I think my OS system is 2.8, [I've only got 2.5 in the session editor] so that explains why the update code didn't do anything & I'm assuming i have the complex programs already in that case I've managed to download the alpha stim program through the session manager now, and thats working ok.

Perhaps you could help with a couple of queries please ...

Do i need to download v 2.9 from the site? If so- how do i add it to the session editor for upload to the proteus?
    I've read in the literature about there being over 200 programs available for download, but am not sure where to find them?

Thanks again- Amanda

Thread Information