Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

1. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

I have a Rev 1 Procyon ..will I be able to run the editor on Win7 64 bit ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    I have a Rev 1 Procyon ..will I be able to run the editor on Win7 64 bit ?
    Unifortunately not. There seems to be a problem with the Rev1 driver under x64.

3. Talking Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Hi, I got the Rev1 installed on my Win7 64bit. There was no chance it was working on my machine, I just kept getting com port errors in device manager. anyway... Admittedly, you need a vista install disk and a copy of VMWare Player: http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/d...are_player/3_0 The vm player is easy to install. I then just popped the vista disk in and let that install. I copied the procyon editor software onto a usb stick. The vmware recognized it and I installed that. Plugged the procyon in and it found it straight away. I was most surprised! Everything worked first time, it even updated the bios with no trouble. If anyone is having trouble with 65bit windows, I highly recommend this solution.

4. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Seems the link in this tutorial for the pre DEC-2010 Driver is now a Post DEC-2010 (6.3a) driver. Can't install my rev 2 Procyon on my new Win 7 64 system. :-(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DinsdaleT View Post
    Seems the link in this tutorial for the pre DEC-2010 Driver is now a Post DEC-2010 (6.3a) driver. Can't install my rev 2 Procyon on my new Win 7 64 system. :-(
    Why can't you?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Procyon Rev2 Win7 x64 Driver Install

Worked it out. You have to " select from drivers installed on the computer " find "silicon laboratories " on the LHS and click the single UART bridge on RHS then click through a couple of warnings and it works. If no one else has this problem then it's probably something Dell does or Microsoft changed recently.

Blog Entries

No you do follow. You can browse there in step 11, you will not see the file, there is nothing to click on. Use Windows explorer and the file will be there.
    It could be one of those Windows 7 things where it puts files in locations other than you expect and then gives you links to them in the place where you expected it to be.
    Bottom line is, if you can find it in Windows Explorer, you can look at the properties of that file and see exactly where it's located, then browse to that location in step 11.

Worked it out. You have to " select from drivers installed on the computer " find "silicon laboratories " on the LHS and click the single UART bridge on RHS then click through a couple of warnings and it works. If no one else has this problem then it's probably something Dell does or Microsoft changed recently.
    I have no idea what went wrong or why, but I'm glad you got it going.
    Thank goodness this issue is gone with the Rev3 Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

In my Win 7 x64 machine, I followed all steps above without any errors, but.... at the end of the process I get the message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" under the Computer Management->Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)->Update Driver Software dialog window -- does it need a specific USB cable? I am using one that I found here at my house, from a photo camera.

Can anyone help? My Procyon AVS has O.S. 1.7.4

Blog Entries

This procedure is only for Rev2 Procyons. You have a Rev1 Procyon and unfortunately, there is no x64 driver that works with the Rev1 Procyon.
    -Andy.

Thanks for the fast reply. Is there a way i can exchange this machine for an updated one, even if there is a fee? This became a paper weight because i can't use it to its full potential. :-(

Thread Information