Thread: Sessions for information retention

Default Sessions for information retention

Hi all.....Ghoul here..

I've read of various methods and sessions useful to increase information retention (via written forms, e.g. books, internet), and am a little confused as to what would work best for me. It's something I've been meaning to get around to for a while.

Essentially, I am puzzled about whether to run a session before, or after reading (or maybe even during if sound only), and whether this depends on how long I will be reading for (e.g. short or long magazine article, chapter of a book, work-related docs to absorb etc.)

I have a poor attention span and find reading really, really slow (too easily distracted, can't seem to focus for long) - and I hardly retain anything I study, which aside from not being ideal for work, is irritating as I have long-standing hobbies such as wine where I should by now be a fountain of knowledge!

I realise not everyone's brain works the same, but how can I maximise mine in terms of information retention?

Any help appreciated - H.G.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sessions for information retention

Hi Ghoul,

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Ghoul View Post
    Hi all.....Ghoul here..

I've read of various methods and sessions useful to increase information retention (via written forms, e.g. books, internet), and am a little confused as to what would work best for me. It's something I've been meaning to get around to for a while.

Essentially, I am puzzled about whether to run a session before, or after reading (or maybe even during if sound only), and whether this depends on how long I will be reading for (e.g. short or long magazine article, chapter of a book, work-related docs to absorb etc.)

I have a poor attention span and find reading really, really slow (too easily distracted, can't seem to focus for long) - and I hardly retain anything I study, which aside from not being ideal for work, is irritating as I have long-standing hobbies such as wine where I should by now be a fountain of knowledge!

I realise not everyone's brain works the same, but how can I maximise mine in terms of information retention?

Any help appreciated - H.G.
    Beta. You need more Beta/SMR so, in your case you would benefit from programs: 9,11,6 . You could also try any of the "Energy" programs (28 - 33). Try using one of the 15 minute programs before you study or work and you can also try it with the sound only while you work.

You are not retaining information likely because you get distracted before it has a chance to process. More Beta should help.

In my case, I didn't notice any changes until one day, I noticed that the TV was going and I was reading and I didn't even notice the TV. The changes will be subtle but keep with it because it will make a difference.

Let me know how it goes and which of the suggested programs work best for you.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: Sessions for information retention

Hi Marisa,

Many thanks for the information, I'll definitely give these a go. Often I can really feel that my brain is just nowhere near being in any kind of learning or retention zone. That said, even when I do get absorbed in a book or other written text, my retention is often still very poor.

I'll try some experiments with shorter items first.

Thanks again -

H. Ghoul

Thread Information